Rules concerning the registration of personal data filing systems, including an obligation to register personal data filing systems, mandatory content of the notification and cases in which controller is exempted from the obligation of registration, have been specified in Chapter 6 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Data – Registration of Personal Data Filing Systems.
- What is a data filing system
- Who needs to register their data filing systems
- Which data filing systems are subject to the notification obligation
- Exemptions from the notification obligation
- When does a data filing system need to be registered
- How to register a data filing system
- Confirmation of registration
- Notification of changes in the data filing system
- Refusal to register a data filing system
Statutory tasks (Art. 12 (3)) of the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection include keeping a national register of personal data filing systems and giving information on registered filing systems.
While performing this task, the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection among others accepts notifications of personal data filing systems to registration, handles received notifications in terms of compliance with the statutory provisions, and in case of compliance enters the filing system into the “National register of personal data filing systems”.The data filing system can be entered into the register, if the registration proceedings proves that none of the prerequisites for refusal of registration exists, in accordance with Art. 44 para. 1 of the Act on Personal Data Protection.
Pursuant to Art. 42 (2) of the Act on the Protection of Personal Data the register kept by the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection is an open register. Interested persons may consult the register in the Bureau of the Inspector General or by means of e-GIODO electronic platform, which allows a search according to many criteria such as name of the filing system, controller’s name, controller’s seat or REGON number.
- General information
- Services available on the platform
- Benefits of electronic registration
- Changes in the functionality of e-GIODO
- Link to the platform
USEFUL IN REGISTRATION
- Legal provisions
- Guidelines on filling in the notification form
- Answers to questions ...more in Polish
- Decisions concerning files registration ...more in Polish